Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Christmas in November!

Maham y Daddy-O
This week has been really good.  First of all, I got a package!!! But it's not my birthday package, it's the one you sent for Christmas and I already opened all of my presents. THANK YOU sooo much. I feel kinda like a jerk here though because I have already gotten 2 packages in my first 3 months and some people haven't gotten any through their whole mission.  But that doesn't mean you should stop sending me packages...

My comp and I went to Reu for a meeting with all the people still in training.  It was really cool to see all my friends from the CCM, but we couldn't get back to our areas because of a road block that the police put down because of "demonstrations" in the streets of some of the cities. So we slept in Reu in a hotel. That was awesome because we had hot water and twin sized beds and air conditioning.

We also had a funeral here this week because the Abuela of a member family died. It was really sad, but it was a teaching experience because the Abuelo of that family is not a member. So we started teaching him about how he can see his wife again. He was really receptive. I told him about uncle Eric and bore my testimony that I know we can see him again and I think it really helped him to see that there is hope.

This week we are going to have a Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and everything!!! Presidente Ruiz really pulled through for us. Woooo!!! My comp and I have really been working hard and I think that we are going to have a lot of success here. Next week we're going to have a wedding on Saturday. It's a girl named M... that we have been teaching and now she can get baptized sooo that's exciting... 

This week I learned that the Chapins (locals?) stink at basketball.  We have been playing at the church in the mornings and my comp and I dominate it's really actually pretty sad, but they are really good at soccer.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I'm grateful for everything!

Miss you and love you,

Elder Tagg

cool selfie

I assume this is rain

He's pretty tall compared to the locals

No comments:

Post a Comment