Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I'm Not Going To Steal Their Children


Dear Mahm and Daddy-O
This week has been crazy, but I got here and I am doing good.
So my companion's name Is Elder Go... he is a Latino from Nicaragua and he speaks pretty good English so that is a blessing. His dream is to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir someday. He is really cool he has four months left. And I only have 22 months left.
My zone is Malacatan and my area is San Isidro. It's really cool but there is a lot of poverty here. Like a lot of people live in huts or unfinished concrete homes. The richest people here would be the poorest in America.  It's crazy though, even with all this poverty, people still have TVs and smartphones. Being here really makes me feel lucky for what I have.
This week we worked like crazy inviting everyone to come to conference which was all in Spanish so I couldn't really understand, but it's ok. The first day I was here we were out tracting with a member named Eddie and he said he new a short cut home. So we followed him through a field down a mountain through a river and back up a mountain.  It was crazy.  We have 3 people lined up for baptism on my birthday! One is a 12 year old boy named Dillan the other is an old man named Rodolfo and the other is a woman named Melody.
The food here is bascally some kind of meat, tortillas, beans and plantains. We basically live off of members. It rains here everday and my umbrella got stolen. But the people here are amazingly friendly and kind. Especially the members. They all laugh at my Spanish and how white I am, but they are awesome. Elder Go... told me that a lot of the people here think that I am going to steal their children because I am white, but I'm not going to steal thier children...
Thats sad about Eric, I will pray for him and his family. I will also try to send pictures.
Love ya and Miss ya
Elder Tagg


PS my new food is fried plantains, they are like fried sour bananas.  My camera died so I'll try to send pictures next week.
Elder Ga... and Elder Tagg on the bus to the mission home (me thinks)



This photo surfaced online.  It's from the LA airport where he happened upon 40 other missionaries also on their way to Guatemala.  It's from about 6-7 weeks ago before they buzzed his hair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment