Monday, May 1, 2017

Dead Cat on Doorstep

Maham y Daddy O

So first things first. Someone in my new area ran over a cat in the street! Then they put it in a box and threw it at our house. We came home that night to a dead cat on our door step. So we did what every normal Gautemalteco would do, we put it in a garbage bag and threw it in the lot behind our house. 

So this week was pretty good. I got to my new area San Rafael Pie de la Cuesta! It's pretty dope we have some good investigators, and the members are really cool. I also got my new comp his name is Elder Me... he is from Honduras. He has 3 months in the mission. He's pretty cool. He's really animated to work, so I think we are going to work well together. One of the best things about my new area is that there is hot water!!! That and it's not hot as heck. Everything said and done, I'M HaPpY in this area.

So this week in Guatemala it was Semana Santa its like Easters but all week long. All the once-a-year Catholic people get together and put on a show... They make carpets in the street out of sawdust, and they a carry a statue of Jesus around in the street walking over all the carpets they made just the night before. Then they also have people dressed up as Romans that follow around the people who carry Jesus and in the end they fake crucify a Jesus. It's pretty sad that the focus so much on Jesus' death when He is actually still alive. 

This week we ate pizza from a pot cause we have no plates. But you know... It' whateves.  

Love you guys 

Elder Tagg  







No comments:

Post a Comment