Thursday, August 20, 2015

Quick Letter Home

Hola Padres,

I made it to the MTC.  The flights were terrible...  Guatemala City is pretty much a Hispanic Korea.  I don't have much time but I miss and love you guys.


Elder Tagg

We were so glad to hear this from him.  We had been tracking his flights and the one from Atlanta to Los Angeles was delayed several times.  He barely made his flight to Guatemala.  His comment about the Hispanic Korea made us laugh.  Our family lived in Seoul for 2 years when Evan was 10.  He must mean it's a big city.  We just returned from Sao Paulo where his older brother served his LDS mission and I remember feeing the same way when entering that city.  'It's like a Latin Seoul'  I said to my husband.  We compare things to what we know.  I hope his out-of-country experience will be helpful to him.  Adjusting to a new culture can be hard sometimes.  We have a lot of faith in this young man.  Though we miss him very much we know he is exactly where he needs to be.  I'm going to go sniff one of an unwashed Evan T-shirt now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment